Are you done with all that turkey during the holidays? Why not try a curry with lamb for once, a recipe designed by chef Mai (www.instagram.com/maiandme). You won’t fail, we promise.
Ingredients, serves 4-6:
• 2tbsp oil (plant based, like coconut oil or rice oil)
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 red onion, thin slices, medium-sized
• 4 kaffir lime leaves
• 1 stalk of lemon grass, crush and divide into 4 parts
• 1-2 tbsp matsaman curry pasta
• 500g (2 lbs) lamb stew (flesh of lamb shoulder / shank / ribs), cut in 1-inch-pieces (2cm)
• 1 can coconutmilk (400gr)
• 200ml water
• 2-3 tbsp fish sauce to taste
• 1-2 el palm or cane sugar to taste
• Salt, to taste
• Fresh coriander for garnish
1. Put pan on medium heat and add garlic, red onion, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
2. Stir until golden.
3. Add red curry paste and stir-fry well.
4. Add lamb meat and stir-fry well.
5. Slowly add the coconut milk.
6. Add one part of sugar and stir well. Leave other part for later (to taste)
7. bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer until meat is tender (1,5-2h)
8. If needed, add some more sugar and/or fish sauce to taste.